We’ve all made it halfway through the week! WOOHOO!! To help you get through the rest of the week, here’s the scoop on some contests currently going on…
- Kevin’s BBQ Joints has partnered up with Southern Soul Barbeque in St. Simon’s Island, GA to give away three sets of their BBQ sauces to celebrate their release to market! You can enter this giveaway here.
- Wanted to try Pig of the Month BBQ but haven’t had a chance? There is currently a giveaway going on right now on Susan’s Disney Family.
- And, as always, BBQ Sauce Reviews has their Free Sauce Friday’s. This week the giveaway will feature Oregon Dan’s BBQ Sauce. Visit Brian’s site at http://www.bbqsaucereviews.com on Friday for details!
Let me know if I missed your contest, and I’ll gladly add it!
Geez, it’s been hot! Hope you’re all staying cool. Here are a few links to check out to keep you out of this ridiculously hot and steamy weather:
- Robyn Medlin Lindars (affectionately known as GrillGrrrl) explains what the big deal is about the reverse sear with this recipe.
- Paul Height of No Excuses BBQ cooks up some beautiful ribs, now that he has plenty of time to do so.
- Two of my favorite people are tag teaming to run a contest. Check out this blog post on how you can enter to win a really sweet Draper’s BBQ gift set courtesy of Kevin’s BBQ Joints.
- And to toot my own horn, I survived my first pseudo-catering gig…
Summer is in full swing, and so are all the great BBQ and grilling prize giveaways! So as a favor to you, here is a comprehensive list of BBQ and grilling prize contests and giveaways that I know of so far.
- As I’ve recently posted, Kevin’s BBQ Joints is collaborating with LocalPages.com to give one lucky winner a gift certificate of up to $100 to any BBQ joint in the United States! Link to the contest is here and is running until July 1st at noon PST.
- Kevin is also collaborating with Black’s Barbecue in Lockhart, TX for a giveaway. Prizes include brisket, beef ribs, and an assortment of sauces and rubs. This contest runs through June 30th, and more info can be found here.
- Canadian BBQ blogger Wilfred Reinke (aka the Oshawa Ogre) has teamed up with Grill Charms to give away a set of Grill Charms — the Spicy Collection, to be precise. The contest rules are on his blog. This one ends on June 27th at midnight EST.
- Interested in winning $50 worth of BBQ sauce, seasonings, and rubs from Iguana Isle? Check out this contest courtesy of Man Up: Tales of Texas BBQ. It ends at midnight on July 4th.
- Grilling with Rich is celebrating his one year anniversary of being on the Internets with a nice package giveaway. Details for entering this contest can be found here. Contest ends on July 4th at 5:00pm (I assume EST).
- Huck’s Hut is looking for a good slogan for their site, and the best entry gets the winner an 18-piece BBQ tool set and Hydro Blaster Grill Brush. Think you can come up with a good entry? You can submit entries here untilJune 29th at midnight.
Know of a contest that I forgot to mention above? Please leave me a comment below, and I will add your contest!
Posted in Contests, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BBQ, BBQ rubs, BBQ sauce, contest, Draper's BBQ, giveaways, Grill Charms, Grill Grates, Grilling with Rich, Huck's Hut, Kevin's BBQ Joints, Man Up Texas BBQ, Oshawa Ogre
Over the last several months, my good friend Kevin Kelly at Kevin’s BBQ Joints has hosted some really awesome giveaways. I have to say that this one definitely takes the cake! Kevin’s BBQ Joints is teaming up with LocalPages to give one lucky winner a gift certificate of up to $100 to any BBQ joint in the United States? That’s not a typo. You read correctly!
So you could be eating high on the hog at Sauceman’s or Midwood Smokehouse (both in Charlotte, NC) or chowing down on some succulent ‘que at Southern Soul Barbeque in St. Simon Island, GA. Or perhaps you can make a decision as to who has the best BBQ in Austin, TX…
The giveaway ends at 9:00am PST on July 1st, with the drawing to take place at 12:00pm EST that same day. Enter today at http://kevinsbbqjoints.com/blog/2011/06/17/localpages-fourth-of-july-bbq-joint-giveaway/ and tell him that Big Wayner sent ya.
Everyone loves giveaways! Everyone loves BBQ… well okay, everyone SHOULD love BBQ! If you’re a BBQ fan, then I suggest you check out the latest giveaway being run by Kevin’s BBQ Joints.
Kevin has partnered up with Williamson Bros. BBQ (3 locations in the heart of Georgia) to give away not 1, but 4 different BBQ prizes to 4 lucky winners! With prizes ranging from a Boston butt package to a spice gift pack, this is one giveaway you don’t want to miss! The contest runs through midnight Pacific time on May 20 (tomorrow), so hurry up and enter today!
For more information on the giveaway, go to http://kevinsbbqjoints.com/blog/2011/05/12/williamson-bros-bbq-giveaway/.
For your entertainment pleasure, here are the “Best Of” articles for this week!
- Think sending flowers is just so cliche? Take it one step further and check out how to give that special someone you love a bouquet of bacon roses! (Article courtesy of Instructables)
- Ever wonder what BBQ joints make the “must-visit’ list of some of the world’s top pitmasters? Kevin Kelly of Kevin’s BBQ Joints gets the scoop on the must-visit BBQ joints according to Danielle Dimovsky (of DivaQ fame).
- And continuing along with Kevin’s BBQ Joints… Kevin is running another contest. This one has lots of goodies being given away courtesy of Meyer’s Elgin Smokehouse in Elgin, TX. Check it out!
- And in not-BBQ-related news, internet superstar Antoine Dodson was jailed on marijuana possession charges.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
So yeah… I promise I’ll make a better attempt at doing my weekly “Best Of” posts. I’ve been battling a health issue that has been a nuisance. So without further delay, here are the posts I proudly deem the “Best Of” for this past week:
- Danielle Dimovsky of DivaQ unleashes her inner bartender with her twist on the Bloody Caesar (very very similar to a Bloody Mary for us Americans).
- Wilfred Reinke (aka the Oshawa Ogre) decides to let someone else write a blog entry for him, and it’s a great one! Check out the post on spreading the love through BBQ by Doug Francis of Hogs Gone Wild BBQ.
- Check out this video on Kevin’s BBQ Joints of Kevin Pang (from the Chicago Tribune) getting a tour of 17th Street Bar and Grill in Murphysboro, IL, guided by the Legend himself.
- One of the most entertaining episodes of The BBQ Central Show was this past week. Dr. BBQ (Ray Lampe) was the guest for the first hour. The second hour featured Darren Warth (of Iowa Smokey D’s BBQ, the first winner in the Sam’s Club Series) as well as some deep… beef…
Here are some articles/links I highly recommend checking out:
- My good friends at C-Dubs BBQ Rub just got their new toy. Check out their first adventures with their smoker here and here.
- Yazoo’s Delta Q gives the skinny on the fattie here.
- BBQ and grilling expert Cyndi Allison explains in this post why the Obamas should travel a little further in either direction past Charlotte on I-85 for good BBQ when the Democratic National Convention comes to Charlotte in 2012.
- Don’t forget about the free giveaway of some awesome BBQ Gear by Southern Soul BBQ being brought to you by Kevin’s BBQ Joints. Details on the giveaway can be found here.
- And, oh yeah… there’s a football game on Sunday night.
Posted in Best Of, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BBQ, best of, C-Dubs BBQ Rub, Charlotte NC, Democratic National Convention, fatty, Kevin's BBQ Joints, Obama, sausage, Southern Soul BBQ, weekly posts
My good friend Kevin from Kevin’s BBQ Joints has partnered up with Southern Soul BBQ to give away a whole bunch of sweet stuff! Southern Soul BBQ has been featured on Season 2 of BBQ Pitmasters as well as Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. The total prize package is worth $115 and includes 3 bottles of BBQ sauce, 2 jars of BBQ rub, and other awesome gear!
Details on the contest as well as how to enter can be found here. Enter soon though, because the contest ends on February 11th. Let Kevin know that Wayne from Big Wayner’s BBQ Blog sent you!
Here are my picks for the “best of” from the previous week: