Even after the Fourth of July weekend, there are still several BBQ giveaways going on. Because I want you to win, I’m putting together a list of active contests for you to enter. So enter away!
- Kevin’s BBQ Joints is teaming up with Man Up: Tales of Texas BBQ to do a giveaway courtesy of Snow’s BBQ. Prizes include a brisket, sausage, and BBQ gear. Find out more about the contest here.
- There’s a very nice bundle being offered up as a prize by Cyndi Allison on her blog. The prize bundle includes BBQ tools, Guy Fieri BBQ sauces, and more! Enter today.
- Fishful Thinking is running a contest right now. The prize? A Stubb’s BBQ Sauce Gift Pack worth $30. Enter today!
- BBQ Sauce Reviews runs a weekly giveaway, usually of a recently reviewed BBQ sauce. This week the giveaway features Jack Stack BBQ Sauces and Rubs. The contest usually starts at noon EST, so check here for more information.
Is there a contest that I did not list? Please let me know in the comments below, and I’ll get it added ASAP!
First off, Happy Independence Day to everyone! I recently won a giveaway sponsored by Man Up: Tales of Texas BBQ. The grand prize was a BBQ feast courtesy of Meyer’s Elgin Smokehouse which consisted of a 4-6 lb brisket and lots and lots of sausage. My wife and I decided to try out the brisket.
The brisket was shipped in a Styrofoam cooler. I’m not sure if it was packed on dry ice or using some other form of cooling, mainly because my wife received the package. The brisket is hickory smoked, seasoned, and fully cooked (only needing to heat it up).
Brisket out of the package
Here were the steps I followed to reheat the brisket:
- Preheated the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lined a 9×13 casserole dish with aluminum foil and placed the brisket fat side up in the pan.
- Added 1/4 cup water over the brisket.
- Sealed the casserole dish with another large piece of aluminum foil.
- Placed the casserole dish in the oven to cook for 50 minutes at 375 degrees. The package indicates to cook for 50-60 minutes for a 4-6 lb brisket.
Brisket prior to cooking/reheating
When I took the brisket out of the oven, it smelled wonderful!
Slices of heaven
My wife and I were both a bit concerned that the meat was going to be tough. It was anything but tough! The brisket was very tender and flavorful, chock full of pepper and everything good about Texas brisket! The only snafu about the whole meal was that I sliced the first few slices with the grain instead of against the grain. But that’s what happens when an ignorant North Carolinian gets a hold of Texas BBQ.
So in short… best brisket I’ve ever eaten. Hands down! Tonight I’ll be trying out the jalapeno and cheese sausage.
The restaurant for Meyer’s Elgin Smokehouse is located at 188 Highway 290, Elgin, TX 78621 (approximately 24 miles east of Austin, TX). Their website is
, and their products are available for online purchase here. You can also find Meyer’s Elgin Smokehouse on Facebook and Twitter.
Summer is in full swing, and so are all the great BBQ and grilling prize giveaways! So as a favor to you, here is a comprehensive list of BBQ and grilling prize contests and giveaways that I know of so far.
- As I’ve recently posted, Kevin’s BBQ Joints is collaborating with LocalPages.com to give one lucky winner a gift certificate of up to $100 to any BBQ joint in the United States! Link to the contest is here and is running until July 1st at noon PST.
- Kevin is also collaborating with Black’s Barbecue in Lockhart, TX for a giveaway. Prizes include brisket, beef ribs, and an assortment of sauces and rubs. This contest runs through June 30th, and more info can be found here.
- Canadian BBQ blogger Wilfred Reinke (aka the Oshawa Ogre) has teamed up with Grill Charms to give away a set of Grill Charms — the Spicy Collection, to be precise. The contest rules are on his blog. This one ends on June 27th at midnight EST.
- Interested in winning $50 worth of BBQ sauce, seasonings, and rubs from Iguana Isle? Check out this contest courtesy of Man Up: Tales of Texas BBQ. It ends at midnight on July 4th.
- Grilling with Rich is celebrating his one year anniversary of being on the Internets with a nice package giveaway. Details for entering this contest can be found here. Contest ends on July 4th at 5:00pm (I assume EST).
- Huck’s Hut is looking for a good slogan for their site, and the best entry gets the winner an 18-piece BBQ tool set and Hydro Blaster Grill Brush. Think you can come up with a good entry? You can submit entries here untilJune 29th at midnight.
Know of a contest that I forgot to mention above? Please leave me a comment below, and I will add your contest!
Posted in Contests, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BBQ, BBQ rubs, BBQ sauce, contest, Draper's BBQ, giveaways, Grill Charms, Grill Grates, Grilling with Rich, Huck's Hut, Kevin's BBQ Joints, Man Up Texas BBQ, Oshawa Ogre