Whew! It’s a hot one here in the Carolinas here this weekend. Hope all of you being hit with the heat are staying cool and hydrated. If not, take a few minutes, cool off, and check out some of these stories…
- What are some of the great truths about BBQ? Add yours to this blog post courtesy of Larry Gaian. Who knows, if it’s good enough, you may get a prize…
- My wife pointed me to this really good article on the Charlotte Observer website this morning that talks about some of the NC BBQ joints that still cook the old-fashioned way.
- Some time back, I wrote a small piece on why members of the BBQ community should embrace social media. Here is a great piece by Kevin Kelly outlining four different tips to maximize social media presence.
- The crazy folks at BarBQBoozers got Gary Glen on board for a guest blog post about beef short ribs. Now I’m getting hungry!
- Tired of screwing up a good boneless pork chop on the grill? Check out this easy-to-follow article from Cyndi Allison on how to grill perfect chops every time!
Posted in Best Of, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BarBQBoozers, BBQ, BBQ Grail, beef short ribs, best of, Charlotte NC, Cyndi Allison, NC BBQ Joints, North Carolina, pork chops
With the weekend coming to a close, here are a few must-read items from this past week as it pertains to the world of BBQ and grilling…
- Check out this guest post for Huck’s Hut written by Doug Francis of Hogs Gone Wild BBQ on how to conquer that bane of every BBQ competition team’s existance: chicken.
- Jamaican Me Pineapple Burgers, you say? YA MON! BarBQBoozers shows you how!
- Kevin Sandridge of The BBQ Smoker Site is running a series on 4th of July BBQ Recipes written by guest bloggers. Of particular interest is this recipe for cherry smoked Atlantic salmon written by Shane Draper of Draper’s BBQ.
- And finally, this one time, at bacon camp…
Also, don’t forget about all the contests and giveaways galore that are running right now! A list can be found here. If I missed a giveaway, please let me know.
Posted in Best Of, Contests, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BarBQBoozers, BBQ, BBQ Smoker Site, burgers, Chicken, Draper's BBQ, Hogs Gone Wild BBQ, salmon