[tweetmeme source=”brownkw” only_single=false]
Just wanted to share something really cool with you. A few weeks ago, I was asked by Brian of HotSauceWeekly.com if I would be interested in taking part in a BBQ Sauce Roundtable. Honestly, I was really surprised and flattered! I’ve been actively blogging since the beginning of this year, and having someone ask me to be part of a podcast was just really freakin’ cool!
So last night, I took part in recording the BBQ Sauce Roundtable for HotSauceWeekly.com. Also taking part in the podcast were Brian and Marilyn Meagher of HotSauceWeekly, Larry Gaian of The BBQ Grail, Cyndi Allison of Barbecue Master and Yes You Can Grill, and Brian Henderson of BBQ Sauce Reviews. The roundtable discussion is now live and can be checked out at http://hotsauceweekly.com/hsw-045-bbq-sauce-roundtable/.
Also, just a friendly reminder that the Birthday Blowout is still in full swing. You can enter daily, so enter away!
As you get ready to watch the Women’s World Cup final, take a few minutes and check out these interesting articles:
- Check out how our neighbors to the north of us do KCBS competitions, courtesy of this in-depth blog by Wilfred Reinke.
- We should all follow in the footsteps of the BBQ Grail and just say no to Subway’s BBQ pulled pork sub.
- Check out this post by Robyn Medlin Lindars (also known as Grill Grrrl — yes, that’s with 3 r’s) about how to do it cave man style… grilling steaks, that is.
- Wiener Schnitzel? Yes, please! This recipe is a guest post on The Dutchess Cooks courtesy of Doug and Biggi Francis of Hogs Gone Wild BBQ.
- What has the mad scientist/wizard of sauce Tom Porter of Big Butz BBQ Sauce been up to lately? Check out his latest escapades here.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Whew! It’s a hot one here in the Carolinas here this weekend. Hope all of you being hit with the heat are staying cool and hydrated. If not, take a few minutes, cool off, and check out some of these stories…
- What are some of the great truths about BBQ? Add yours to this blog post courtesy of Larry Gaian. Who knows, if it’s good enough, you may get a prize…
- My wife pointed me to this really good article on the Charlotte Observer website this morning that talks about some of the NC BBQ joints that still cook the old-fashioned way.
- Some time back, I wrote a small piece on why members of the BBQ community should embrace social media. Here is a great piece by Kevin Kelly outlining four different tips to maximize social media presence.
- The crazy folks at BarBQBoozers got Gary Glen on board for a guest blog post about beef short ribs. Now I’m getting hungry!
- Tired of screwing up a good boneless pork chop on the grill? Check out this easy-to-follow article from Cyndi Allison on how to grill perfect chops every time!
Posted in Best Of, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BarBQBoozers, BBQ, BBQ Grail, beef short ribs, best of, Charlotte NC, Cyndi Allison, NC BBQ Joints, North Carolina, pork chops
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! While you are all out firing up your grills, smokers, or outdoor cookers, check out these few links that made this week’s “Best Of” cut:
- I know many of you watched the Ultimate BBQ Showdown yesterday on CBS. Even so, check out this great piece by Danielle Dimovsky of DivaQ about the show. In my opinion, best post I’ve seen about the show so far.
- Plank grilling — it’s not just for fish anymore. Larry Gaian (The BBQ Grail) has a series of topics covering the many different things you can cook using plank grilling. From chicken to mashed potatoes and even brie cheese with watermelon rind chutney, he shows that there are really no limits! To view the entire series, check out his site at http://www.thebbqgrail.com.
- Did someone say rotisserie roast beef? Check out this tasty sounding recipe from Grilling Companion.
- If you are in Ontario and have a craving for ribs, then you need to check out Wilfred Reinke’s post regarding the schedule for various RibFests in Ontario for 2011.
- And finally… watch out, world! Tom Porter is on the loose! The mad scientist behind Big Butz BBQ Sauce is getting ready for his first KCBS competition. I wish him the best of luck! He has blogged about his first three days in preparation so far here, here, and here. Continue to follow his blog at http://www.bigbutzbbqsauce.net for more updates.
Posted in Best Of, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BBQ, BBQ Grail, Big Butz BBQ Sauce, DivaQ, Grilling Companion, Oshawa Ogre, plank cooking, rotisserie roast, weekly posts
Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time once again for this week’s “Best Of” in the world of BBQ and food!
- What do you get when you combine bourbon and ice cream? You get Hanneke Eerden (of The Dutchess Cooks) whipping up another dessert creation! Now I’m craving ice cream!
- The guys at Epic Meal Time are at it again. Three words: fast food lasagna.
- Larry at the BBQ Grail brings us spam sushi! Yes, I said it. Spam. Sushi.
- Finally, if you’re a fan of Pork Barrel BBQ sauce and live in the Mid-Atlantic region (Virginia/Maryland), you’re in luck! Pork Barrel BBQ sauce is now being sold in Costco stores in that region. Find out more details here.