Whew! It’s a hot one here in the Carolinas here this weekend. Hope all of you being hit with the heat are staying cool and hydrated. If not, take a few minutes, cool off, and check out some of these stories…
- What are some of the great truths about BBQ? Add yours to this blog post courtesy of Larry Gaian. Who knows, if it’s good enough, you may get a prize…
- My wife pointed me to this really good article on the Charlotte Observer website this morning that talks about some of the NC BBQ joints that still cook the old-fashioned way.
- Some time back, I wrote a small piece on why members of the BBQ community should embrace social media. Here is a great piece by Kevin Kelly outlining four different tips to maximize social media presence.
- The crazy folks at BarBQBoozers got Gary Glen on board for a guest blog post about beef short ribs. Now I’m getting hungry!
- Tired of screwing up a good boneless pork chop on the grill? Check out this easy-to-follow article from Cyndi Allison on how to grill perfect chops every time!
Posted in Best Of, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BarBQBoozers, BBQ, BBQ Grail, beef short ribs, best of, Charlotte NC, Cyndi Allison, NC BBQ Joints, North Carolina, pork chops
So yeah… I promise I’ll make a better attempt at doing my weekly “Best Of” posts. I’ve been battling a health issue that has been a nuisance. So without further delay, here are the posts I proudly deem the “Best Of” for this past week:
- Danielle Dimovsky of DivaQ unleashes her inner bartender with her twist on the Bloody Caesar (very very similar to a Bloody Mary for us Americans).
- Wilfred Reinke (aka the Oshawa Ogre) decides to let someone else write a blog entry for him, and it’s a great one! Check out the post on spreading the love through BBQ by Doug Francis of Hogs Gone Wild BBQ.
- Check out this video on Kevin’s BBQ Joints of Kevin Pang (from the Chicago Tribune) getting a tour of 17th Street Bar and Grill in Murphysboro, IL, guided by the Legend himself.
- One of the most entertaining episodes of The BBQ Central Show was this past week. Dr. BBQ (Ray Lampe) was the guest for the first hour. The second hour featured Darren Warth (of Iowa Smokey D’s BBQ, the first winner in the Sam’s Club Series) as well as some deep… beef…
After a long hiatus, the “Best Of” has made its return. I know you all missed it terribly (*grin*). So without a further ado, here’s this week’s “Best Of”:
- The Mad Scientist and Wizard of Sauce is at it again! Tom Porter of Big Butz BBQ gets in touch with his entomological side in creating the Fattipillar.
- Canadian BBQ blogger Wilfred Reinke tells us about his experience of cooking a pork shoulder in his Masterbuilt smoker. Oh yeah, he got to play with power tools too.
- If you wondered if your favorite BBQ joint was on Twitter, chances are good that Kevin Kelly of Kevin’s BBQ Joints has already found ’em. Click here to see the definitive list.
- Been unsure about how to spatchcock a chicken? I was too, until Larry Gaian published a great how-to article on splitting that bird.
And for the dose of funny, here is a commercial outlining when it’s a good time to get a new bed…
I hope this list will give you at least a few minutes of entertainment value.
- Sex on the Beach with a Chicken? Say no more!
- Mad scientist and BBQ Saucier Tom Porter tells us how, with a wave of his hand, he turned tacos into jalapeño poppers.
- Larry Gaian of The BBQ Grail gives us a sneak peek into the BBQ Backyard, a new social network geared specifically towards the BBQ community.
- Next year for Valentine’s Day, do something a little different for your special someone than the usual stuff. For instance, Danielle Dimovski of DivaQ tells us about herValentine’s Meat Cake. *drool*
Finally, here’s a good laugh…
Here are some articles/links I highly recommend checking out:
- My good friends at C-Dubs BBQ Rub just got their new toy. Check out their first adventures with their smoker here and here.
- Yazoo’s Delta Q gives the skinny on the fattie here.
- BBQ and grilling expert Cyndi Allison explains in this post why the Obamas should travel a little further in either direction past Charlotte on I-85 for good BBQ when the Democratic National Convention comes to Charlotte in 2012.
- Don’t forget about the free giveaway of some awesome BBQ Gear by Southern Soul BBQ being brought to you by Kevin’s BBQ Joints. Details on the giveaway can be found here.
- And, oh yeah… there’s a football game on Sunday night.
Posted in Best Of, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BBQ, best of, C-Dubs BBQ Rub, Charlotte NC, Democratic National Convention, fatty, Kevin's BBQ Joints, Obama, sausage, Southern Soul BBQ, weekly posts
Here are my picks for the “best of” from the previous week:
I’ve decided on Sundays to peruse through the blogs I follow and come up with a “Best of” for the previous week. So without delay, here is my pick for “best of” posts for this past week:
Do you know of any BBQ-related or grilling-related blogs I need to follow? You can let me know by leaving a comment below or by sending me a message.