After a long hiatus, the “Best Of” has made its return. I know you all missed it terribly (*grin*). So without a further ado, here’s this week’s “Best Of”:
- The Mad Scientist and Wizard of Sauce is at it again! Tom Porter of Big Butz BBQ gets in touch with his entomological side in creating the Fattipillar.
- Canadian BBQ blogger Wilfred Reinke tells us about his experience of cooking a pork shoulder in his Masterbuilt smoker. Oh yeah, he got to play with power tools too.
- If you wondered if your favorite BBQ joint was on Twitter, chances are good that Kevin Kelly of Kevin’s BBQ Joints has already found ’em. Click here to see the definitive list.
- Been unsure about how to spatchcock a chicken? I was too, until Larry Gaian published a great how-to article on splitting that bird.
And for the dose of funny, here is a commercial outlining when it’s a good time to get a new bed…
Here are some articles/links I highly recommend checking out:
- My good friends at C-Dubs BBQ Rub just got their new toy. Check out their first adventures with their smoker here and here.
- Yazoo’s Delta Q gives the skinny on the fattie here.
- BBQ and grilling expert Cyndi Allison explains in this post why the Obamas should travel a little further in either direction past Charlotte on I-85 for good BBQ when the Democratic National Convention comes to Charlotte in 2012.
- Don’t forget about the free giveaway of some awesome BBQ Gear by Southern Soul BBQ being brought to you by Kevin’s BBQ Joints. Details on the giveaway can be found here.
- And, oh yeah… there’s a football game on Sunday night.
Posted in Best Of, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BBQ, best of, C-Dubs BBQ Rub, Charlotte NC, Democratic National Convention, fatty, Kevin's BBQ Joints, Obama, sausage, Southern Soul BBQ, weekly posts
Normally I don’t do a link and run post (I try to save those up for the weekly “best of” blog entries on Sundays). However, I recently came across a post from DivaQ (@DivaQBBQ on Twitter) for an “ultimate bacon jalapeño sausage super fatty” as a suggestion for a Super Bowl party appetizer.
Seriously… do yourself a favor and go look at this. Now. Be sure to have a napkin, towel, or something close-by to clean up the drool.