[tweetmeme source=”brownkw” only_single=false]
Throughout my adventures in the world of BBQ, I have had the pleasure of meeting many people. Some I have met in person, while others I talk with online on a daily basis. One of these people is Lea Richards, the founder and owner of Pig of the Month BBQ.
Lea founded Pig of the Month BBQ, a nationwide mail order barbecue company, in 2010 as a bootstrapped venture. She quickly learned how to leverage her expertise in marketing and public relations to grow her business in an economical and efficient manner. Lea shares her knowledge with other entrepreneurs around the country. Her efforts have gotten her recognition in such publications as the New York Times, Food & Wine Magazine, and Food Network Magazine.
Today, I’m proud to share with you this recipe written by Lea Richards of Pig of the Month BBQ:
I’m always in search of a great grilled side dish that is both easy and healthy and this one combines everything I love most: A nice, salty cheese, perfect fall vegetables with nice grill marks, and fresh herbs to dress everything up.
Greek Grilled Stuffed Eggplant
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- (1) 1-lb eggplant, cut lengthwise into 8 slices
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing eggplant slices
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine feta, red onion, green onions, 1 Tbsp basil, pepper, and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Lightly brush eggplant slices with olive oil. Grill eggplant slices until marked and tender, about 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and cool slightly.
- Assemble rolls by placing about 2 Tbsp of tomato mixture on the wider end of eggplant. Roll up tightly and place seam side down on serving platter or just dollop on top of flat eggplant slices.
- Whisk together lemon juice, remaining basil, 1/4 tsp salt and 2 tsp of olive oil in a small bowl and drizzle over rolls.
Once again, thank you to Lea Richards of Pig of the Month BBQ for taking the time to come up with this recipe for Big Wayner’s BBQ Blog! All I can say is that looks super tasty and super-easy to prepare!
Pig of the Month BBQ can be found online at http://www.pigofthemonth.com as well as on Facebook. If you are interested in connecting with Lea on Twitter, you can find her on there as @IheartBBQ. I highly recommend following her!
If you are interested in contributing a guest article to Big Wayner’s BBQ Blog, send me an email to email@example.com.